LEAD ENGINEER - STRUCTURAL ENGINEER - BUILDINGS / INFRA
- Lieu : Hasselt / Gent / Brussels / Namur
- Type de contrat : Contrat à durée indeterminée
- Débute le : 09 janvier 2024
Descriptif de fonction
- As Lead engineer actively stimulate and develop the use of BIM and parametric design in the organization.
- In the projects lead, motivate, coach and manage a project team of monodisciplinary structural engineers, geotechnical engineers and draftsmen and work closely together with the other teams involved in the project.
- Responsible for designing civil works (concrete, steel, timber…) from concept to execution study
- Creative in looking for structural solutions to specific problems, taking into account design and budget.
- Responsible for ensuring that the budget, the agreed scope, the timing and the quality of the engineering works is executed as required.
- Ensure that the projects assigned are executed in accordance to our quality system and our H&S rules
- Report progress for all the projects on a weekly regular basis to your Manager
- Support (young) engineers by actively participating in their training program
- Enhance an integrated design process by looking transversally over the different disciplines involved
- Respond to the needs of the client and attach great importance to customer focus;
- Prepare and submit offers and contracts and you present them to the customer in consultation with the commercial team
- Work together with external partners (such as architects, other design and engineering consultancies, subcontractors, contractors during the construction phase, etc.) in a constructive way.
- Strive for sustainable and efficient solutions
- Keep track of the standards, guidelines and developments in your field and report these to the team members.
- Civil or industrial engineer (civil engineering, mining/geotechnical, bioengineering)
- Have knowledge of the classic geotechnical software packages (Plaxis, Flac, D-Sheet, Foxta...) or are willing to learn to use them;
- Fluent in French and English and have a good knowledge of Dutch.
- Good communication skills and are a team player;
- Dynamic, flexible, can work autonomously, like to take initiatives, are quick to take decisions, have a listening ear and offer the customer tailor-made solutions;
- Stress-resistant and know how to keep your focus under pressure with a healthy dose of assertiveness and diplomacy.
- At least 10 years of experience in the field of calculations and are specialised/interested in geotechnical engineering
You will receive a permanent contract with competitive salary with extra-legal benefits:
- Company car with fuel card,
- Communication, representation allowance, mobile, internet@home,
- Hospitalization and group insurances,
- 20 holidays and 12 compensatory days,
- Continuous training