Piping Engineer Black Utilities
- Lieu : Brabant-Walloon
- Type de contrat : Contrat à durée indeterminée
- Débute le : 08 janvier 2020
Descriptif de fonction
Our Utilities Engineers actively participate in a wide range of project work, ranging from small improvements to large industrial constructions, mainly in design (PID, layouts, isometrics, space coordination, drawings, calculation notes, data sheets, supports, …).
They are responsible for the black Utilities of all our activities:
Utilities distribution networks and production for
- Buildings (HVAC and water distribution)
- Industrial production plants
- Static equipment (vessels, heat exchangers,...)
- Rotating equipment (pumps, compressors,...)
- Plumbing and sanitary
- Black piping
- HVAC is an extra
- Process regulation (conceptual design)
- Specific equipment calculation
This means they will be facing challenges with all materials (steel, concrete, plastic,…).
The Engineer will already be involved in the feasibility and will stay until the end of the realization phase of the project.
As a utility’s specialist, he/she will be responsible to develop the technical specifications, calculation notes and bill of quantities.
He/she will work in close collaboration with the piping designers.
As an important and active part of the company, he/she will also be part of the Engineering office, this means that he will be an internal reference/expert to support all activities of the company.
• General competences:
- Working directly with clients and other professionals with minimal supervision,
- Working cross-functionally in identifying and resolving technical issues,
- Coordinating work with engineers of other disciplines, with piping designers and contractors,
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines is essential,
- Well organized: excellent planning, organizational and time management skills: respecting budgets and deadlines.
- You are motivated, efficient and pro-active.
- You are able to follow-up young collaborators.
- Atex knowledge is an asset.
- Experience in food, metal, pharma or chemicals domains is an asset.
- Experience or interest in project management is an advantage.
- At least one national language French or Dutch (speaking AND writing) + English (speaking and writing).
• Technical knowledge:
- At least 3 year’s experience in active calculation of piping networks for different utilities (water, steam, chemicals, solvents,…) and several industries
- Regional regulation and standards (PED, NBN, EN, Atex, Machine directive, …) and engineering codes ASME, ANSI, EN, API, DIN, etc.
- Experience or interest in HVAC is an extra.
- Experience in commissioning, supervision of installation on site or control of piping systems is also appreciated.
- Able to design complex piping distribution installations including all valves and instruments (both process and utility piping, in all kinds of materials and all kinds of dimensions)
- Able to assign, dimension and calculate pipe supports
- Able to write piping specifications, support specifications, material requisitions, etc.
- Able to work with 2D design programs (AutoCAD)
- Able to review and approve welding procedures
- Microsoft Office
We offer you an attractive salary package with fringe benefits:
- Company car and fuel card,
- Group and hospitalization insurance,
- Representation allowance,
- Communication allowance,
- Internet allowance,
- Access to training,
- 32 holidays,…